First Day of Spring

Day 4

First Day of Spring




Today is the first day of Spring!  Flowers are blooming and the temperature is rising.  Pollen is also flying around and making my nose become so stopped up!  I planted hyacinth bulbs last fall and they are popping up in all of my pots.  The scent is divine!


Second Full Day of Online School

Today was also the second full day of online school for both children.  So far it is going well.  I usually ask what each child needs to complete first thing in the morning.  I check in at noon to see how things are going, then in the afternoon I ask for completion.  I am trusting that they are submitting their assignments.  Their grade, not mine.

Will and I got together to chat about Romeo and Juliet.  He dislikes Shakespeare immensely and he has an essay to write by next Friday.  I think as we went he was able to understand the language and meanings behind the verses.  He did really well on his online questionnaire, a 40/40!  Yay!  He also was able to complete the first form for his essay.  I think working with him during online school will hopefully improve his writing.

Megan and I had art time together.  Today we tried architectural drawings from a book I found.  I am not that good at drawing, but I did my best. The first drawing is of a Southern Colonial House.


The second drawing I did is a castle.  I decided that I wanted to color it so I took a picture of the pencil drawing just in case I messed up!


Here is my castle drawing using colored pencil.  Turned out pretty well.  Some of my towers are a little wonky but for a first attempt at drawing in a long time I think I did pretty well.


David worked from home and had a ton of meetings.  I think everyone has their home office set up so meeting after meeting is on the agenda.  He did finish up around 5 pm and he and Megan had a photo session.  They wanted to create a Renaissance style photograph.  Megan choose her Scottish outfit that I made for the Renaissance Festival in Louisiana. David asked her to put on some makeup, she really dislikes wearing it unless it is for a performance.  I think the picture turned out breathtakingly beautiful.

Tomorrow is a new day.  I think we will have lots of math for both kids and two of the household are planning a camping trip for the weekend.  I think we need a day of outdoor hiking for fresh air and exercise, especially in this lovely spring weather.

Good night and stay well my friends!

Comments

Popular Posts