First Days of School 2011


I am trying to clean up some of my posts from the past. Here is one I wanted to share from the end of August 2011. Both children are starting school within a week and a half of each other.  Look how they have grown in a year and a half! Enjoy!

 
Megan started second grade on August 17.  Can you believe it?  She is getting so big!  This year I actually let her pick out her 1st day of school clothes.  I thought that the pink shirt with a cat wearing a crown was quite appropriate for her.  She was a little nervous for the first day of school.  She did not know who was going to be in her class this year.  When she arrived, a little girl named Bailey was excited to see her.  Their  desks were sitting next to each other.  Megan was a little shy, but when she noticed that Nidhi and Presley were in her class I think she began to settle down.  She also knew several other friends from last year.  Her teacher is Mrs. Thornburg and she seems to be really nice and excited about school.  Megan said that they will get to read a lot and do projects.  I love projects!  I guess I will have to refrain from injecting my views and let her do it herself.
 
Will got to stay at home with me for about a week and a half before his school started.  He was pretty excited that he got me all to himself.  We played and did housework and for a special treat, I took him to the zoo after dropping Megan off at school.  We really enjoyed the day together.  This is the last year that I will be able to take him somewhere while Megan is at school.  I figure why not have some fun with him.  He will be grown and too busy to spend a day with his mother before too long.
 
Here is Will have a short snack at the playground at the zoo. 

 
August 29 was Will's first day of school.  He is now in Kindergarten!  He is really excited about his teachers, Ms. Sue and Ms. Jennifer.  Megan had both of them when she was in Kindergarten and they were excellent!  Last week, Will and I went to school to find his desk, backpack hook, and generally see his classmates.  We also got to make a scrapbook page about him.  The page was really cute.  He cut out the pictures and also had a drawing of one of his "a-nators." The "a-nators" are complex machines that can do all kinds of stuff.  He is quite creative!


Popular Posts