Birthday's Are Better Than April Fool's Jokes

Day 17

Will's 14th Birthday!

Today is not April Fool's Day at the Andrews house.  No, today is Will's 14th birthday!  When he was born we thought that he was an April Fool's joke.  He came 2 1/2 weeks early and only took 4 1/2 hours to be born unlike Megan who was induced on her due date and it took 13 hours for her to decide to proceed into the world.  He entered the world on his own terms and he continues to be uniquely Will.

Since we are sheltering-in-place I decided to make his day as special as possible.  During the night I put streamers over his door and then covered his bed with red tinsel while he was sleeping.  Hehehe.  He said the cat woke him up playing with the streamers during the night!  I do have to have a bit of fun where I can.  In the morning I asked Will what he wanted to eat for the day, his choice since he was the birthday boy.  Will chose bacon for breakfast and chicken-n-dumplins for lunch.  At dinner we ate grilled hamburgers, spicy potato wedges and chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing.  Yumm.....

For Will's birthday he received two Taekwondo shirts, one red sweatshirt and one black short-sleeved T-shirt.  Megan gave him a great book on the Space Race that started with John F. Kennedy.  His biggest gift of was an iPhone 7.  We have waited to give both children cell phones because they just did not have a need to have one.  I know where they are at all times so why in the world do they need one?  I am their ride.  Since he will be in 9th grade next year and that involves more after school activities we decided to get him one.  Plus Megan received one when she was in 9th grade when we moved from Louisiana, it seemed only fair.  After doing online school he spent the remainder of the day setting up and exploring his new tech.



After enjoying Will's birthday cake we watched Captain Marvel on Disney+.  That was a really great thought I had of getting that streaming channel.  We love Disney and they have a lot of great programming.  I think we are on the third round of watching the Mandalorian.  I heard that they have The Child at Build-A-Bear Workshop.  As soon as the all clear is given for the coronavirus I am heading over to the store and bringing The Child home.  He is so cute!  But I digress.... This is the second time that we have watched Captain Marvel and it did not disappoint.  Great story and great action!

Will had friends and family wishing him a "Happy Birthday" through calls and text messages all during the day.  I emailed his English teacher and she wished him "Happy Birthday" during their live class meeting this afternoon.  Even though he was not at school and around all of his friends I think he felt loved and remembered. Isn't that all anyone would like for their birthday?

Now I am off to bed!  Another day complete at home and endless possibilities of projects to start tomorrow.

Til next time....

Allison

Comments

Popular Posts