A Reboot

Shady oaks line one side of the road in front of Grace Episcopal Church, St Francisville, LA


Hello and welcome!

If you have have not noticed, I am working on updating my blog.  I have not blogged in a long, long time since we first moved to Arkansas seven years ago. Even then, I did not keep up with posting regularly.  New Year. Different State. New Intentions.  A new start to recording our family adventures.

So I have some tasks I wanted to accomplish with this blog reboot.  I would like to share more about my life and some of our family’s wacky adventures.  I would like to keep track of all the funny quotes and situations that happen to us daily.  Both my children are growing up, Megan is now in 8th grade and Will is in 6th grade.  Not too much longer until our house will be quiet. No nerf gun wars or crashing noises with a shouted, "you heard nothing!"  What will keep me entertained?

So you might be asking, what will I feature on this blog, besides those quirky family stories?  I like to travel so I will feature our travel experiences.  When we travel I try to get to places that are off the beaten path.  We have looked at manatees in the swamps of Florida and walked within touching distance of elk in Colorado.  American's small towns hold great treasures if you are willing to take the time to investigate.

Another hobby that I enjoy is sewing. My sewing projects cover quilting, smocking, clothing and costumes.  Currently, I have been sewing clothes for Megan using my mother and grandmother’s vintage patterns.  Boy was that a learning experience!  Megan does not generally like the current trend in clothing for teens (her opinions on teen clothing will cover several posts). She admires how the ladies were put together in the 1940’s and 1950’s. I admire them too.  I loved their accessories!  If you ever have extra hats, jewelry, handbags, or shoes just send them my way.  I will be in heaven!

I love to meet new people and make some new friends along the way, so come and join me as I start 2018 with a whole new purpose!

Cheers!

            Allison



Comments

Popular Posts